Sunday, November 27, 2011

Giving Thanks

As much as I love Christmas, and you will see in the coming weeks that I do, Thanksgiving holds a special place in my heart.  For years I have gone to Mom's bed and breakfast in Washington state.  It is a quiet sleepy town called Port Townsend.  I plan to feature the inn in an upcoming post.  One of the reasons I love to be there this time of year is that time seems to slow down.  I have the opportunity to stop and reflect on my year.  This year, though, they came to me!  We had a wonderful time.  My brother and his kids came as well.  


I decorated with tiny white pumpkins


Mercury glass and white roses


Hotel silver, mismatching plates, and a 100 year old German linen tablecloth


And sprigs from my rosemary topiary



The kids' table mimicked ours but with a grain sack runner, my absolute favorite pitcher



And small mason jars for their drinks


But the table paled in comparison with those I got to sit around it with


I am grateful everyday for the people in my life


I often make a gratitude list


So I never forget how blessed and fortunate I am

Happy Sunday

xo

Michele








10 comments:

  1. Michele,
    Such a beautiful table and stunning, cherished faces! Lovely...
    My son in law is from Port Townsend! His Mom and Dad are teachers and have a delightful home out on Hastings!

    {oh... how I love my pillow}
    thanks for visiting this morning!
    ~Lynne
    [w/L]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tables and beautiful family. What cute kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele your family is beautiful. I love how you set your table. And I always like the peeks thru your windows into the streets of the city(like the children's table photo). I need to go back to Ikea and get some more of those crowns. Now that I decorated one small white tree and get to see how lovely they hang from its branches, I want more for our big tree. I wanted you to know that I am going to do a post on my blog this week featuring items from online shops for christmas giving and you will be one of the shops I feature. ox

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful table....simple and classy and the family...also very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michele! Everything looks really, really pretty!!! I love it!

    You asked me over a week ago about pinning one of my pictures...I'm sorry to take so long to get back to you!...yes, of course, you are welcome to! :))

    Have a great week ~

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, your tables look so pretty! They feel very cozy with the candlelight :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a lovely blog I have enjoyed reading some of your past posts. What a beautiful post for thanksgiving family and friends really do make our lives complete. I have just found your lovely blog and now following you in hope that we can keep in touch, if you find a spare minute come and visit me one day and follow if you like, nice to find new friends. I hope you have a wonderful day.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. what kinds words from you all! Thank you. They cheered me up an a not so cheery day :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michele, I would have loved to have been a guest at your table of beauty :)
    Truly a table setting to love.
    What a beautiful family to share with.

    Come visit my new post and see what delights the stage.

    xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit. I really love to hear from you....