Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Few of my Favorite Things

As I said in a past post, I look forward to getting our tree and decorating it beginning in about July.  I love the smell, the feel, the childhood memories it brings back.  I could go on. I try to make sure that my girls have the same happy memories of this time of year that I do.  

I have a deep love of France as I lived there briefly and my degree is in the language. 


I debated about this bow as it is a little over the top.  But I really like it!


One day I will stop apologizing for my bad photographic skills.  Until then I have to fill you in.  The paper on the top of the eiffel towel says "wish."


These ornaments are from Pottery Barn and I love them for their sparkle as well as their simple messages.






                     This dragonfly, though small, stands out on a tree because of its uniqueness.




I wrap the gifts with brown kraft to keep in the natural and neutral theme.  I find eyelet or white trim and add jingle bells or glittery balls.  



This is my second favorite ornament.  I made it out of grain sack fabric for a friend of mine.  I wrote on a small piece of paper my wish for her for 2012 and enclosed it in the heart before sewing it up.


And finally the ornament I hold the dearest is this angel.  About five years ago I had my first Christmas tree that I had had in a very long time.  And my friend knew that I had no ornaments.  She showed up with a box of about three of them to start my collection.  I have two of these angels and hope to pass them on to my two girls one day.


Merry Christmas
and
Happy Holidays

Thank you for making this, my first year, of blogging a pleasure.  Your kind words always encourage me and warm my heart.

MC

10 comments:

  1. Its all so beautiful! Merry Christmas my friend!! xoxo Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the angel and the beautiful ornaments....I wrap with brown craft paper as well and use the kids favorite colors in ribbons so they know which gift is theirs....Wishing you a lovely holiday =) Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is a beautiful and enchanting gallery of keepsakes and sentiments!
    I too, love the fragrance when we bring in the evergreens! Michele, I read and blog with my pillow almost every night. It defines the look of our living room!
    I wish you and your dear daughters Merry Christmas Blessings!
    ~Lynne
    [withLove]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michele,
    I was so excited to see that you had posted!!
    I love all of your ornaments, anything that glitters and represents Paris always makes me happy!!
    And I absolutely adore the way you wrapped all of the presents, it's so beautiful!!
    Thank you for your sweet comment on my post today, I sincerely appreciate it!
    I hope you and your girls have a wonderful and joyous Christmas!
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Michele what a beautiful way to decorate a Christmas tree - divine! I adore the idea of sewing wishes into grain sack hearts! Warmest of wishes for a very Merry Christmas and for a happy and healthy 2012 - Glenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Michele, Thank-you so much for the sweet comment on my blog! And I love your tree with all the beautiful glitter ornaments. I am sure when it is lighted it just sparkles! Thank-you too for those amazing pillows, I can't tell you enough how much I love them. I even did a small feature of them in my post 12 More Days. I know I will be back to your store for more amazing linens soon!
    I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!
    Maria ~Rusty Hinge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you and yours the very best this coming year! Thank you for always stopping by! Big hugs lulu

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michele,
    Your Christmas decorations are beautiful. I especially love the heart and stockings that you made from the old grain sacks. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Take care, Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to visiting you this 2012
    Thank you for all your comments that encourage what we love about blogging :)

    Happy New Year!
    xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog. Love the craft paper wrapping. I do the same as I can use it for any occasion. Just did a post about making gift tags from luggage tags.

    Love your design aesthetic and what you are doing to your rental kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit. I really love to hear from you....