Tuesday, November 19, 2013

How About a Handmade Gift...and a Sale at Maison de Michele

I often think about how much of what I do in the course of a day is electronic.  It is more than I care to admit.  There is definitely a use for it and in many ways, the keys on my laptop, make my life easier.  That is why I think that a handwritten card sent via the postal service is very special these days.  And, with all of the mass produced goods from overseas, a handmade item has a way of standing out. 

I handmake my Christmas cards each year. They are certainly not as beautiful as those which come from the printers.  And believe me, the burns on my hand from the glue gun, the sore back from bending over them, aching hand from signing each one, make me reconsider every year around this time.  But I end up doing it because it is not that often that you receive something that people take the time to make?  I do it because I love the impact that it can have.  

Here are a few items from my shop which I have created and I think would make nice gifts, for the right person.  Let's be honest.  Not everyone feels the sentiment I am expressing in this post.  But I know a few who do.  





(I believe that the same person who would appreciate this also shops at farmer's markets)


Vintage grain sack apron finished with French linen ribbon






Shams which are clearly well loved




Maybe for the hostess, hand monogrammed tea towels


And my newest item, white linen napkins 



Please use code GIVETHANKS13 for a 10% discount on any item in my shop, 



Thanks for visiting

Michele

Promotion good through November 30th 2013

3 comments:

  1. Oh Michele I love and adore every handmade item you make. I so love my raw edge linen napkins and now I want those white ones!!! I will be using them for our Thanksgiving table. Thank you for the one year that you purchased my handmade Christmas cards...it means even more to know that you usually make your own. Someday I hope to meet you. Though I have still not been to the Bay area in so many years. My daughter is now at UC Berkeley and I have yet to visit her! I have suffered traveling anxieties these past 10 yrs so...that is why. I wish you and your girls a beautiful holiday season. SF is soooooooooooooo glorious during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so great Michele~` You are truly talented:))

    xo~ Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele, I adore your work, shame on me for being so out of touch with you, now that I am back on track I will be visiting much more often.

    Thank you for encouraging my art and designs.

    I must go check out your etsy and save my favorites.

    See you soon beautiful.

    Xoxo
    Happy Giving of Thanks

    Doré

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit. I really love to hear from you....