Sunday, September 25, 2011

Recent Flea Market Finds

Good Morning,  There is a new antiques fair here in Northern California called Le Petit Marche.  It is in Marin just over the Golden Gate Bridge.  It is a few months old, pretty small, and very charming.  There is a crepe vendor and some lovely French music playing while you shop.  I found these wonderful french bread baskets there.  The colors remind me of the south of France.  

I love this large vase because of the black spots peeking out from under the white ceramic


I posted last week about the wonderful container sale at Atelier de Campagne.  This apple is cast iron.  You cannot believe how heavy it is.  We drove to the sale in my friend's car.  And she joked that she would have to fill the tank multiple times to get us back to the hotel, 40 miles, based on the weight of this apple alone.  They had a huge bucket of this fruit.  I have never seen these before. (The gamelle, or enamelware lunch box will be the subject of my next post).



These is another relatively new flea/antiques market in the Bay Area.  It is at Candlestick Park in San Francisco.  I spotted this pitcher there.  It has holes in the bottom.  So I insert a glass and then fill with water and flowers.  I love the shade of aqua and of course, the rust.



If any of you have been to my Etsy site you have seen these crowns.  I don't know what to call them other than beautiful and unique.  I listed the larger of the two.  I noted that you could use them for candles, small plants or even jewelry.  The patina on them is stunning.


Speaking of patina....isn't this urn lovely?


The gilded nesting tables beneath are antiques fair finds as well



And this is also on my site.  This wire cake holder was something that I saw, walked away from, went back, walked away from again.  I kept going back because I could not stop thinking about it.  I love the way it looks in my kitchen, (before and after photos coming.....still in the deep before).



Happy Sunday!

Michele

PS Thank you to Dore of Burlap Luxe
 for including me on her beautiful blogroll.  She always inspires me.  

6 comments:

  1. LOVE your finds Michele! I still want an antique french enamel pitcher~just need to find one!!Enjoy your Sunday my friend!! xo Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flea market finds! Way to snag that wire cake holder! I know what you mean when you say you saw something but couldn't get it out of your head so you had to go back and buy it! I have that all the time!! The sad thing though is when it is already gone. So great job and can't wait to see the after pics!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all Michele- Hey I think I need some of your pillows:) Ha!!! I posted something before, but it isnt here. Call later:)
    xox,Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. great finds Michelle, you are so lucky to live in the greatest
    city. I really love your finds.
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your finds. If you ever want me to come by and take some "pro" pics of your goods for your site let me know! miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those french bread baskets! lovely finds-so glad I found your blog! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit. I really love to hear from you....