Thursday, January 15, 2015

New year…back to sewing

Happy New Year!!

I always write the same thing this time of year.  I love it because of the hopefulness if offers.  I think that you can see it in people's faces and feel it in their actions if you pay attention.  Maybe it's just me, but I look forward to the new year almost as much as Christmastime.  

I have spent most of the past year baking; building, slowly but surely, the cupcake company.  Therefore, I have spent very few hours at the sewing machine.  Last weekend I had a break and decided to make this table slip for the chest that we use as a coffee table in our living room.  I adore anything scalloped.  Please note that this is far from perfect…as is everything I do.  I would change about ten details about it, including the method I used to create the scalloping.   But it was my first time and definitely is a start.


I used a drop cloth, which I have never worked with before.  I am reasonably pleased with it.  Admittedly, I am spoiled though, as I have worked with nothing but vintage as well as new linens for the last four years. 

 Next I am going to make a fitted table cloth out of white linen.  This time I will use a different process to create the scallops though. Hopefully it will look a little better.
  

Also, a customer of mine ordered a grain sack euro sham.  I didn't have any in stock so made this one for her.  I am thrilled with how it turned out!!  I hope she likes it as well.  


These sacks are usually 18-23" in width.  So I had to add side panels to accommodate the a euro insert.  


I love that I was able to keep the original ties intact.  Also, I like that the stripes are navy while the monogram is sort of French blue.  



Enjoy your day

Michele

6 comments:

  1. You know I have always admired your sewing so I am happy to see that you have returned to it. Your home is beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Michele! Everything is just gorgeous! I envy all of your talents! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful new year you wish! I follow your blog for a long time. I like everything. I like especially how you write. And it's an enviable talent indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You little scalloped cover is wonderful! I don't see one thing wrong with it! Love the pillow too...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rất tuyệt vời, cám ơn bài viết của tác giả, mời các bạn ghé Showroom nhà mình coi sản phẩm mới nha:
    Bạn có lợi ích lớn khi sở hữu bàn cầu Viglacera âm tường V51KA cực xịn chỉ với 7 triệu đồng

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit. I really love to hear from you....