Friday, April 8, 2011

beauty in the young

In the last few months I have made an effort to slow down.  Before my daughter started preschool, I visited it as it was being built.  I noticed that the things that would fill their room were pleasing to look at.  I inquired about it and the director told me that in her years as a preschool teacher she had come to believe that beauty, in many different forms, was integral in child development.  She felt that they were drawn to beautiful things and places just as we are as adults.  When I do take slow down a bit I see beauty these days in everyone I meet.  I notice it in people's features.  And sometimes their beauty comes out in unconventional ways.  That is something I love.
of course, these are the most beautiful faces I know
and seeing them laugh seems to make everything ok
have a great weekend
Michele

1 comment:

  1. Such precious little ones!! I've been making more of an effort to slow down and spend time with my little one so I can savor every last second of her youth. It goes by so quickly.
    xo~
    T

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit. I really love to hear from you....