Monday, June 13, 2011

A Few Weeks of Peonies

Peonies are one of the flowers that make the happiest.  Aren't these beautiful?



As I have said before, blue and green is my favorite color combination.  I love the shade of blue on the enamel pitcher contrasted with the dark green leaves.



I make an effort to buy them closed so that I can enjoy them for the maximum amount of time possible.  


My lovely sister-in-law told me that they will be available for only a few weeks here in Northern California but that they grow like wildflowers on the East Coast.  I am a bit envious.




But I guess that just makes me enjoy them even more while I have them.

have a wonderful day!
Michele

1 comment:

  1. I love peonies too but they aren't very easy to find here in Houston either. I had a huge peony plant/bush when I lived in Denver but I didn't appreciate it back then.

    Love your sweet blue pitcher/vase.
    xo~
    T

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit. I really love to hear from you....